Welcome back! Are you surprised I am still here? No? Good. Me neither. 🙂 Still plugging away, learning a ton and most of all, loving every minute of it … well, almost every minute. I’ve had a few hiccups but also learned from them so I will call that a win.
You may be wondering how the last month has gone. Am I still confident about working full time and doing a DIY blog? Well, truth be told, it is a lot of work and at times a little frustrating – but yes I am.
What have I learned this month?
- Scheduling – This is huge! You can and need to schedule everything – from your daily life routine, to your posts and even your social media. Did you know you can schedule your social media? You can set it up so that at midnight while you are all snug in bed, dreaming your sweet dreams, you are pinning vital pins to your board! This also applies to Facebook and Instagram. I wish I could schedule my house work like that. Someone definitely needs to invent that.
- Organization – Did I mention this in my first post? You need to be organized. Big Time!
- Set goals – I decided to start setting goals for myself each month to keep me on track. I will post them each time I update here so that I will feel accountable for them. Ack! Not something I just wrote on a random piece of paper and casually drop in the recycling bin like it never even existed. Nope. 100% accountable.
I believe scheduling and organization work together. In order to stay organized you need to schedule. In order to schedule you need to find what works best for you. Are you the type of person that prefers hand-written notes or do you use a computer to keep track of your life? Perhaps you like the best of both worlds. I myself am a handwriting person. I love the feeling of scratching things off when they are done. You just don’t get that same feeling with a computer. Yes, you can use a strike through, but seriously, it comes no where close to that feeling of pen to paper. 😛 I know… not very environmentally friendly, I am working on it. I try to do as much as I can on the computer but my scheduling and lists still remain on paper.
I get a little help from Orange Circle studio day planners; you can get them at Chapters. I have used this brand for a few years now and love it. It is fun and has lots of writing space.
Room for notes at the back.
And inspirational quotes throughout.
If you like there are tons of sites out there with printable calendars that are also stunning.
Okay, so setting goals. My goals for June were:
- Look into advertising and figure out the steps needed to apply it to my blog.
- Increase my presence on Pinterest. Right now I have 11 followers. Hoping to bring that number up a smidge.
- Attend a link party.
- Set up an email list.
How did I do?
- Research is done. Now I just need to get started. I will move this over to July goals.
- I have looked into various ways of doing this. I have worked on my Pinterest boards and applied various strategies. Pinning throughout the day is very important, so I need to sign up with a scheduling company like Boardbooster to help me out – they seem to have good reviews.
- I have attended two link parties. They’re hard to find, and not easy to plan for, but I’m hoping to attend at least three more this month.
- The only thing that keeps slowing me up on this one is that I need to spend money on a PO box. It’s not something I will ever use again and they are not cheap so that has held me back from growing my email list. I will get one next month.
So I have done okay… but I need to step up my game for next month. Here are my goals for August:
- Get ads running.
- Increase my Pinterest following. Hoping for 50 followers. And some new followers to my blog. Lets shoot for five.
- Three link parties.
- Set up email list.
- Add a slider to the top of my blog.
- Start a printable’s section.