Hello! Welcome to 2018!
I hope you had a wonderful New Year. I took a little time away from my blog to spend it with my family over the Christmas holidays. Now I am back and trying to get into the swing of things again. I have to admit I am finding it a little hard to get motivated right now.
As I am sitting here writing this post, it is already into January and I am finally getting over a horrible cold that has zapped all my energy. Also, I am really struggling with getting anything done for my blog or my family. My intentions were to be right on the ball this year. I have been setting goals for my blog and my personal life and so far both are off to a very slow start.
Have you been here before? Have you had the feeling where you are planning on taking the year by storm and suddenly it feels as though things have come to a halt? Well, let me just say that I refuse to let this slow start stop me.
I have great plans for both my blog and personal life this year. I plan on having lots of great projects and tutorials for you. And I plan to get myself into a good routine focusing on me, my family and my blog.
I have tried, like most people, to set resolutions each year and try to stick with them. “This is the year I get into shape”, This will be the year I eat healthy.” You get it right? Like most, you have the best intentions, but resolutions are so easy to start all gung-ho and by February you are back on that couch, with your hand in a big bag of chips, marathoning your favourite show.
I am going to go at it a little differently this year. With having my blog now, I know that I can’t just sit back and hope for the best. I need to work at it. This year instead of talking resolutions I am setting goals.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you click a link and make a purchase.*
Here are my plans to do it.
Goal – the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
Step one – Evaluate
- What do you want to achieve this year? Is it personal, financial, work related?
- Think about where you want to be in three months, six months, a year.
- What is it you want your life to look like at the end of twelve months?
Step two – Motivate
- Is your goal going to motivate you?
- Does it excite you to achieve it? Do you see yourself there?
- Pick something that is measurable and achievable. You don’t want to shoot so far out that you never get there or not far enough that you didn’t have to work for it.
Step three – Break it down
- Now that you have your goal it is important to come up with a timeline.
- If it is a goal you hope to achieve by the end of the year that’s great!
- Then break it down into smaller more manageable goals over three month periods.
- From those smaller goals break it down again, into monthly goals, then to weekly goals. Go as small as you need, to be able to reach what you want, without being too overwhelmed by the thought of the final goal.
Step four – Write it down
- Keep it visible every day.
- Make a nice printable that you can post on your fridge to see at breakfast
- Have it on your phone as a reminder
- Post it in your bathroom so at night you can see it before bed
- Take it to work
- There are so many options but keep it in sight.
Step five – Be accountable
- I personally think this is the biggest and scariest part of the whole thing.
- Let people know!
- Tell your friends
- Tell your family
- Write it on your blog
- Once you do you become accountable, you will need to follow through.
That is why I am doing this post today. I fell behind on my goals already and I don’t have a good excuse. I was kinda brushing things under the rug over the holidays and I need to smarten up.
No one really knew my plans and no one was expecting anything from me, but NOW you know. I have you to keep me going.
*Affiliate links have been used. Please refer to my disclosure page for more info.*
My Goals For The Next Year!
Yikes! Here I go. Putting it all out there for you to see.
Okay, so lets start with my new found love… blogging!
I have found something that I really love to do. Finally! I always knew that I loved to build, create and decorate but now I have this wonderful place as an outlet for it all. A community that has similar loves as I do. A place to connect with others. So here are the things I would like to do this year…
- Increase my community – I love connecting with the followers that I have now and hope to be able to reach out to so many more people in the next year.
- Work with favourite brands – And share my love for their products with you.
- Start selling products – I have great ideas for things that I am sure others would love. So by the end of the year I would love to open an Etsy shop.
- Make this blog my full time job – I love blogging so much, why not make income from it in the process.
More than anything this year I just want to DO MORE! This sounds very vague but let me explain. As a family we are quite content to sit around and watch movies and over a weekend not really do anything. This has to change! I have two teenage girls that actually love spending time with their parents, so I should really be soaking it up while they are still at home. It doesn’t mean we have to be out every day but we do need to just do more. Here are some ideas:
- Hiking – we are so close to the mountains and never really take full advantage of it.
- Baking – I love baking and my oldest has really caught the bug for it also so this is a fun thing to do on a cold day.
- Kayaking – we bought some kayaks this last year and they are so much fun! I really never thought that I would enjoy them like I do.
- Walks – just something as simple as going for walks. We have two big dogs and really no excuse for not doing this more. My oldest daughter and husband always take them out but we need to go more as family.
- Mother daughter days – lunch, mani-pedi, day of shopping.
- Eat better (yes, this is my way to do more) – And it all starts with reducing my sugar intake. I am crazy about sugar. Like seriously, CRAZY! By reducing my sugar intake I should be able to increase my energy. Now I am not being unrealistic and saying cut it out! No way! We have a thing – sugar and I. Hopefully I will never have to say no more ever! But reducing it will be huge for me I think.
This is it! As I move forward with these goals and feel like I have achieved them I will add in more things. Baby steps!!!
Do you have big goals set for this year? If so how do you plan on accomplishing them?
Drop me a note in the comments below and maybe we can keep each other on track!